Kindergarten Registration

2018-2019 School Year

The Canastota Central School District is preparing for Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-19 school year. All resident students born on or before December 1, 2013 are eligible to register for Kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year. Per Board of Education Policy, children must be five years old on or before December 1, 2018 to qualify.

We will be holding Kindergarten Registration on Thursday, March 1st at Peterboro Street Elementary School at 220 North Peterboro Street, with a snow day of Tuesday, March 6th. You must have an appointment to register your child for Kindergarten. Please call Mrs. Vernadette Moyer, secretary at Peterboro Street, at 697-2027 to set up an appointment. Registration must be done in person by the resident parent or legal guardian who needs photo ID.

Registration packets should be obtained prior to Kindergarten Registration. Please call our District Registrar, Amanda Snyder, at 697-6326. Packets can be mailed or picked up in the main office at Peterboro Street Elementary School from Mrs. Moyer. Registration information may also be downloaded using the link to the right.

Please register your child on March 1st so we can have all paperwork processed before school begins in September. Kindergarten Screening appointments will be made at Kindergarten Registration, so please bring calendars with you. Kindergarten Screening will take place May 7th – 11th this spring.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Jennifer L. Carnahan, Principal, at Peterboro Street Elementary School at 697-2027.

Welcome to the Class of 2031!

New Kindergartners

What Do I Need to Register My Child?

Click here to download the Kindergarten Registration Packet. 

 In addition to the registration packet, the following documents are required to register:

  • Birth Certificate (original)
  • Immunization Record from Doctor
  • Proof of Residency

One of the following: current telephone, cable or electric bill, signed lease or purchase offer

  • Parent Photo Identification

Resident parents must register child in person

Certain cases may require additional documentation. These include residency affidavits, court issued custody documents, Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or Foster Parent Forms (DSS-2999).